"Developer Signature"?

This topic is 5050 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello!

I am developing a database as "work for hire" so I do NOT own the copyright. However, I was hoping to put a little plug for my company by attaching a signature in the file, just a quick line that says "This database was developed by Company." (mainly a matter of pride!) Does anybody know if there is a place to do this in FMP? I don't want it easily removed, and not totally inaccessible either. Any advice most welcome! I'm using FMP9. Thank you!

Edited by Guest

Create a "documentation" layout that describes how it works. Put your name there along with the details of the copyright holder and information that will help the next person who get to work on the database.

Thanks. I am sole proprietor company developing it for a much larger company. Per contract they own copyright but I get to say "my company did it" to give myself a boost in case they want updates down the line. I was hoping there was a more default place for that sort of thing (like Word docs Summary Info box) but I guess not. I think I'll just create a little drop down script that opens a dialogue box. Thanks!

You can also have a script called "Contact Developer" which uses single step of Send Mail (and put your email in the To and the program's name in the Subject). Do it with dialog so the person has option of typing an email message.

This topic is 5050 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.