FMSAdmin Permission Denied error

This topic is 3847 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Whenever I try to run FMSADMIN, I am getting the error "Permission denied, please try again."

I have double, triple, and quadruple checked the credentials. There is no possibility whatsoever of the username or password being wrong.

I can log into the server admin console successfully with the same credentials, but they fail when I use them with FMSADMIN.

• 2 years later...

I am having the same problem.  Freshly installed Mac OS-X 10.8.2   Only one user in the OS, with admin credentials.   Using Terminal to try to start the adminserver because the Start Page times out in the browser, thus I can't launch the Admin Console.

Seeing various terminal errors I don't understand:   Error:  10006  and  Error: 0  with "Permission denied".  Also sometimes "Connection Refused: Server is unavailable"  --- which is contradicted by the fact that I can access the running Sample Database either remotely or on the host server itself, using FileMaker Pro 12.

I'm stuck because if I can't launch the Admin Console, I can't configure the server at all.

• 7 months later...

I have the same problem on fms11 adv. Windows

fmsadmin runs well on admin-privileges. But it does not on the added administrator group. In the schedules the administrator group is listed in the groupname column.

The server was restarted with 'restart adminserver'.

Finally I want to run a schedule with the administrator group from commandline (without showing my admin password).

Thanks for help!

I don't think this is the same problem as the original post and it is not immediately clear what your problem is.  Can you expand a bit?

Did you create a sub-admin group in FMS and then a schedule to run an OS-level script using that sub-admin account?

This topic is 3847 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.