Extended ASCII in filenames

This topic is 4985 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello,

Many of the files I'm trying to upload with FTPeek have french characters inside the filename ('é', 'è', 'à', etc). When I'm trying to upload a file with these characters inside the filename, they are all replaced with question marks (?). For example, "Tééést.jpg" becomes "T???st.jpg". I am able to rename the files after the transfer by opening the ftp with Windows Explorer afterwards, but is there a way to keep those different characters? Is it a question of how Java is installed?

Thank you for your time,

Dave

Please make sure that you are using the latest version of the plugin, which is version 1.533. This was an issue with older versions of the plugin, though it is resolved in more current versions.

Some servers also seem to have trouble receiving files with the unusual characters in the file name. Are you able to upload these files using any other client?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Newbies

Thanks for your reply Mr Nahodyl. I have downloaded the latest version (1.533) of the FTPeek plug-in, and I tested this morning, but it still does the same problem. I can transfer the image fine with Windows Explorer by just drag and dropping it on the server, same with FileZilla and their transfer functions.

If it can help, when using FTPeek, I first use FTPeek_UploadFile to transfer the file, and then I use FTPeek_Rename so it can have a different destination name, but both these commands place question marks (?) where there would be unusual characters.

Dave

This topic is 4985 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.