Firewall setting - Web Browser will not display web viewer content

This topic is 4971 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

We have FMSA 11 on (server name FM01) which is serving our "VM" app via IWP. We have SC installed as a stand alone on a different server (SC01) which has been modifed to place documents on a 3rd server (FS01). We will not be using the SC plugin so we've designed a portal with a web viewer next to it to show the document related to the record chosen.

Everything works as expected using an FM11 client or IWP… as long as we are within the firewall (on the LAN). If I try to access the docs (via IWP) from any point outside our office the browser brings back all of the related record information then after a few minutes the web viewer displays (… cannot display this web page…). I initially suspected this was a firewall issue so I added an entry to forward any reqs to port 8020 on our domain to port 8020 on the server which has SC running on it. This has not fixed the problem. If I enter http://outdomain:8020/SuperContainer/ into a browser outside the LAN it display a SC page and gives the option to upload docs (which I need to prevent if I can) which tells me the firewall is allowing the traffic. But still the application will not display the doc.

I've checked this from 3 different PC's using 3 different ISP's. I've also verified that the latest Java updates are installed.

What am I missing here?

• 3 weeks later...

just to follow up on this - 360 works educated me on this. I was using the interal IP address (ex 192.168.111.111) in the web viewer URL instead of the external one (ex www.mydomain.com/subaddress). Naturally this failed because any user outside our LAN would be directed to their own local IP address.

A real 'duh' moment for me.

This topic is 4971 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.