IWP: Missing join value for creating related record.

This topic is 4947 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Related records in a portal, working well in Filemaker, don't show up when approached through IWP. Also creation of new related records don't work through IWP. I receive a Data Entry Error: Your attempt to save changes to the current record or request failed because of the following: Missing join value for creating related records.

To what do I have to take attention for making this working through IWP?

Thank you for your attention.

Jerome

Portal_rows_FM.png

Portal_rows_IWP.png

Your error message tells a lot.

You can also try setting your "main category" then clicking on "commit records" then I bet your data will pop up. FM on your desktop would commit this record when you tabbed into the portal but in IWP you have to click commit

Whatever field you are using to key off of to get your portal records is probably not being set. Try scripting the creation of the record so that your key field gets set.

Edited by Guest

There is something else going wrong. The relation is made by a code ID for the word and a global field containing the language code. I discovered that for unknown reason, through IWP connection, after closing and then reopening, the global field became empty and thus broke the relation. Through FileMaker remote access, this doesn't happens, but if later I re-open the file through IWP and then close it, which empties the global field, also in FileMaker remote access it is empty, as it took the content which is changed by IWP access.

Any idea? Thank you beforehand,

Jerome

If you populate Global fields while running on the server, to content will only be showing for that user.

Instead. Un-host the file. Populate the global field, and then host the file again.

I'd prefer to use a separate small file with one record and many fields instead of globals, then use a calculation or script to pull the content into your file/record/field you want to use it. This way, you can change these "global" type of fields on the fly without "un-hosting" the whole ******* thing.

Thank you very much for your reply. It took some time, but I changed all my global fields into calculations, and they don't disappear anymore. But as often happens, when one problem is solved, an other appears. When I do a search in the related field, it doesn't work. In IWP, I receive the warning "Unknown error number 8206" and in FileMaker remote access, it tells me "This operation cannot be performed because one or more of the relationships between these tables are invalid." (see attachment). But for adding or deleting the related information in the portal the relation works well.

Thanks anyway for your right advise.

Best regards,

Jerome

RelationProblemJerome.png

This topic is 4947 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.