Remote Synchronization

Spidey

This topic is 4817 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I need to do remote synchronization for me databases between the filemaker server and my database in my home computers and laptops. It is going to be one way from server to other computers should there be any update in the server. I am just wondering how I should do it. Do I need to setup username and password if there is an update? And do I use the date and time to determine which recrods needs to be update? And how I should update new records?

Many Thanks.

KC

Hi,

I need to do remote synchronization for me databases between the filemaker server and my database in my home computers and laptops. It is going to be one way from server to other computers should there be any update in the server. I am just wondering how I should do it. Do I need to setup username and password if there is an update? And do I use the date and time to determine which records needs to be update? And how I should update new records?

Many Thanks.

KC

Hi,

I come across this topic and I am just wondering if my laptop doesn't have internet access, can I still use the my database with the updated information? Thanks.

Kent

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7720/~/database-synchronization---an-overview-of-approaches

• 1 month later...

This topic is 4817 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.