Product Activation

This topic is 4757 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Does anyone know of a way to have a FileMaker solution check a web site to validate a key code?

I have a solution. I have key codes that my customers will get when they purchase. I don't have a good way to limit the use of that key code to keep one user from sharing it with anyone they like. I plan to maintain a black list of serial numbers so I can deactivate them with product updates, but until those updates happen, I don't have a great solution. Ideally I'd like the FileMaker solution to be able to reach out to a URL, and pull back a list of bad key codes and compare them to the key code in use. I don't want to be so strict about it that customers are overly annoyed when moving software around and such, but just a basic level of protection.

Thanks!

Jeff

A plug-in that lets you post to a web server and receive the results would be the reliable way to implement that, e.g. Troi URL or ScriptMaster.

Or you could try it by setting a web viewer to your blacklist URL and then scraping the results. Make the web viewer tiny and the user won't even know it's there.

This topic is 4757 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.