Magtek Scanner Integration

This topic is 4479 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I found a rather old forum posting that offered a download of a plug-in in order to interact with a Magtek scannner. I downloaded the demo. I'm getting a message that plimus.dll is missing. I messaged the author but no response after a week.

The software that I download does appear to some of the funtionality I'll need. See attachment.

I haven't been able to find anything concrete related to plimus.dll. Does anyone know if it is available?

My project is to attach a scanner to capture donation checks, including the check image. This is not a point of sale application but rather a back office donation accounting system. I was going in the direction of Magtek MICRImage scanner as my need is relatively low volume and the hardware can be obtained at reasonable prices.

Any suggested direction of a solution would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Magtek.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

moved the plimware.dll to the FM program folder. No longer getting the same message. Next step is to find out how to access the functionality of this plug-in.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Pretty Pro:

I'm attempting to use InsideScan 2.5 trial version beta with my Panini I:Deal check scanner. The InsideScan Acquire function does not seem to be able to interact with this scanner. I'm able to execute many of the plugin functions. It gets to the scanner as it turns it's activity light to yellow but does not seem to have the ability to enable the scanner's ready state (green light) to start scanning.

My email requests to InsideScan support have been ignored.

Is there anything in your experience that would shed light on the behavior of the plugin?

Thanks.

This topic is 4479 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.