Output from filemaker to pdf with an editable form field

5_cyl

This topic is 4644 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi all!

Just trying to put a solution together for a customer. Basically they have a load of store POS artwork which basically needs creating into a catalog with visible ref to the artwork.

All very straight forward. The only difficulty I'm having is that the catalog needs to be exported as a pdf file with an editable form field. The pdf is supplied further down the chain, where they can type the qty required in the form field. So basically it becomes like an order form.

All is simple except that the export from filemaker doesn't seem to include an editable form field...

This is what I need to add, preferably at the earlier stages as the catalog will contain 1000's of records.

And yes I have tried to advise the customer/s that there are better (online) ways of doing it, but unfortunately they are adamant they want it in pdf format...

Any ideas??

• Newbies

I'd look at PDF Manipulator. But, you're right, probably much better to simply have a web form. Managing all the pdfs (and the inevitable versions) will be quite a challenge.

Unfortunately the whole job is looking like a disaster in the making....

This is about the most workable way I can think of coming at it, as I don't relish the other proposed alternative of making the document completely in indesign as I can only see that being a bag of hurt further down the line.

I'll have a look at pdf manipulator.

The data doesn't need to go back into filemaker anyway, so just as long as I can generate a pdf form field for each record that'll do.

This topic is 4644 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.