Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Attachments from container field just show a jpeg of the field

This topic is 4626 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all,

We just bought the 360works E-mail plugin, and we're having some trouble getting attachments to work properly. The script which is sending e-mails is supposed to pull attachments from a container field (Emails::attach1). And it does...sort of.

The e-mail sends successfully, and contains an attachment. Except that the attachment is a .jpeg of what the container field LOOKS like, not a copy of the file it contains. I've tried this with .txt files, .zip files, .doc files, etc. Every time, I just get a picture of what the container field looks like.

When sending documents, I get an image of the first page of the document.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Below is the line in the script that is doing the attachment. Platform is Windows 7 x64, Filemaker 10.3 Pro, E-mail plugin v. 1.96.

Set Variable $emailattach = EmailAttachFile( Emails::attach1 )

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

-RD

So, does it matter if it's a regular container field or a "super container" field? Filemaker seems to be able to store a complete file and retrieve it later just fine from that field.

What was your train of thought behind asking that question?

We're trying to deploy this thing in the next few days, so I'd really like to get attachments working properly.

Thanks for any help,

-RD

This topic is 4626 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.