Filemaker 12 - Code name Waldo

Ted S

This topic is 4376 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Okay, Michael ... 1.2.12

February 1, 2012 ... must be release date? Or it is just the date that you are going to produce a different crystal ball? :laugh2:

... and I cannot believe I am getting into this, LOL.

Edited by LaRetta

It took a couple of minutes to find the document, but, yes, something seems to be afoot.

This one struck me as an indication that there will be some foundation-level enhancements that will improve our chances of building GUIs that look like they were produced in this century.

Let's hope.

post-81548-0-89961100-1326316429_thumb.p

• 4 weeks later...

From this thread: http://www.reddit.com/r/filemaker/comments/ocba1/filemaker_12_coming_soon/

"

I'm not a filemaker programmer, but here is what I heard and remember from contacts. - New file extension fmp12 - Filemaker server x64 - Something about backups I think incremented backups - Image won't need to be kept in the database anymore - CSS based layout - Release somewhere between now and june

So many things that already exist in other DBMS for decades..."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Exactly harsh enough, IMO. Bordering on link-bait/spam. And it looks like you are using someone else's domain to run your business on?

• Like 1

It breaks the NDA. Clowns like this will spoil it for the rest that honour the NDA.

You may use the pre-release software(s) only for your own internal purposes. For example, in preparation of materials for use with future product launches. But you may not disclose or disseminate any such information to anyone else until after FileMaker officially publicly announces its products. That means you may not provide training; reviews of the software or discussion in any public forum, including FileMaker Technical Network Developer Community Forum, before such date. Note this obligation applies to you regardless of whether other parties start rumors or other reports of information about FileMaker Confidential Information before the official product launch.

For everybody else: pay your money and join the FileMaker TechNet program, find out what's REALLY going on. B)

Hello everyone,

Well I have been away for a while. I have retired from law enforcement but sitll have a couple of titles out there and I thank everyone here for the help when I was just starting out (you know who you are...I was formerly exAirborneRanger before the site changed).

I keep following the 12 postings, and I see that some folks have access to a Preview, but does anyone know when 12 will come out?

Jim

I keep following the 12 postings, and I see that some folks have access to a Preview, but does anyone know when 12 will come out?

TechNet members get preview software but we're not privy to release dates -- as in: we're not told.

Point of clarification, you can join TechNet for free now, but if you want access to preview software (and other benefits), you have to pay for the Developer Subscription.

• 2 weeks later...

This topic is 4376 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.