Filemaker Pro, Advanced & Developer

This topic is 4560 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Please, can anybody inform me in layman's terms about the upgrad/downgrade rules of Filemaker Pro, Advanced & Developer.

Is it fx.possible to upgrade from Filemaker Pro to Filemaker Advanced ? Or from Filemaker Pro to Developer?

What is possible and what is not?

Thank you.

Is it possible to upgrade from Filemaker Pro to Filemaker Advanced ? Or from Filemaker Pro to Developer?

What is possible and what is not?

Thank you.

Short answer is yes you can migrate your v6 files to a newer versions (I.e., 7, 8, 8.5, 9, 10, or 11), the aplication engine was rewritten with the release of version 7, however you can convert v6 to v7 format. You can find several threads about migrating files in the FMFourms - Migration Topic. You will also want to download and read and the PDFs available at FileMaker's site, on migrating files.

HTH,

Lee

BTW, If your question is about upgrading your application from FMP 6 to FMP 11 or FMP11 Advanced, you need to contact FMP sales or customer service to see what upgrade path is available. My guess is that they will only give you a discount on upgradin from v10, and that would be for either the Standard or Advanced versions, of course the price will be different. Choose the Advance if you can afford it.

Lee

This topic is 4560 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.