Replace portal scroll bar

Tom Kennedy

This topic is 4543 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am trying to replace the scroll bar in a portal with buttons. I have been able to scroll up and down the portal records successfully without a scroll bar. However, when I scroll down past the last visible record in the portal, the portal does not scroll down to make that record visible. For instance, if I have a portal with 10 rows (and is showing the 1st 10 records) that has 11 records and I scroll down from the 10th row, the 11th record is highlighted but the record is not visible.

I am using "Go to Portal Row" to navigate. Any Ideas

the 11th record is highlighted but the record is not visible.

If it's not visible, how can you tell it's highlighted? AFAIK, if a portal doesn't have a scroll bar, it cannot scroll - by any means. If it does, then going to a row should scroll the portal so that the active row is visible.

Maybe it is obvious that it is selected because it can be observed that the row turns black but that the entire row does not show. Are the portal rows more than one row in height? Can you post a screen shot, Tom? It has always worked for me if portal rows are one row. Clarification: I mean jumping rows but NOT that I can go to record 12 in a 10-row portal without scroll. I agree with Comment that you cannot jump without scroll.

Also, what is your platform (it helps if your profile lists it). I have not heard of any bugs like you describe and updaters don't always fix everything anyway, but have you upgraded to latest updater? I think it is 11.0v3 on Windows and 11.0v4 on Mac?

Okay, I was stretching a bit. I meant ... if the portal rows were tall (such as would allow fields two lines high in them) but the text was only one row high then one might 'see' the top of the row and know that the row was selected but that the row couldn't TOTALLY be seen or even enough to read what is in it.

But the only time I have ever seen that happen is when scroll is ON and part of the next row can be partly seen so I guess I was the one woozy here. ;)

If it's not visible, how can you tell it's highlighted? AFAIK, if a portal doesn't have a scroll bar, it cannot scroll - by any means. If it does, then going to a row should scroll the portal so that the active row is visible.

Regarding: "if a portal doesn't have a scroll bar, it cannot scroll - by any means."

It appears that you are right. It seams that I can use buttons to scroll with the scroll bar in place. But when I remove the scroll bar, the buttons no longer work.

This topic is 4543 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.