Conditional format drop-down calendar?

This topic is 4447 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have an X button on a portal which only shows on real records. Conditional format on it sets to custom font 500 if IsEmpty(primaryID). It works well to hide the non-record row.

But there is also a drop-down calendar with the icon showing. It looks silly. I want to make the icon disappear also but I can't figure how to do it. Text and background don't work to hide it. Any ideas please?

Do you need to allow data entry via this portal? If not, disable the "allow creation of records" option in the relationship used by the portal.

If you do, well, you can still disable creation via the portal, then provide an alternate method to enter related records.

Hi Charity,

We all deal with wanting to eliminate the display of buttons, checkboxes, drop-down calendars and such on that last row when Allow Creation is in effect. Instead of having to eliminate the objects individually, you can accomplish it all with conditional formatting AND make it clear to your User that they click the last row to add a new record. Here is how:

1. Create a text box with the words [ Add new record here ... ]
  2. Make the background transparent. Color of text does not matter
  3. Resize the text box to same size as single portal row
  4. Format the text box as follows (using conditional formatting)
  • First entry: Formula = not IsEmpty ( the primary key from the portal table occurrence ). Then below select ‘more formatting’ and set the font size to custom and 500.
  • Second entry: Formula = IsEmpty ( the primary key from the portal table occurrence ). And below set the text to white and the background to black as example. You can set it anything you wish.

Select this text box and Arrange > Bring to Front and place it over your top portal row. This one text box hides checkboxes, drop-down calendars, buttons, lines on empty fields, etc only on the empty row and also provides a clean row in which to provide your message.

I use it on all Allow Creation portals - just by changing the ID referenced within the conditional format portion.

• Like 4

This solves all these types of problems at one time, LaRetta. I also had radio button and it all was major pain. I have many portals I fixed by copying the text. It all took only half hour and they look very professional now. Thank you very much for the idea.

This topic is 4447 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.