interface check

This topic is 4386 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

With respect, you clearly do not understand relational database design.

I assume that you want to have patients and track diagnoses, or something. I don't know because YOU HAVE NEVER ONCE DESPITE REPEATED ASKING TOLD US WHAT IT IS YOU ARE DOING.

Until you do tell us what it is you are doing, you get no more help from me. I was gong to do a demo file for you but decided not to waste my time doing something that I am not sure will be useful.

If you think that your solution is ground-breaking and special and do not want to reveal it because others will steal the idea... think again.

No: do not attach your database. No.

Yes: explain what you want to do. Yes.

Explain with words what you want to do. Explain the problem, not how you think it should be solved.

DO NOT TALK ABOUT FIELDS OR TABLES OR SCRIPTS. These are implementation details and are part of the SOLUTION. We are not up to the solution yet we are defining the PROBLEM.

Talk about: patients, diagnoses, conditions, appointments, drugs, measurements, tests, results, invoices, payments, hospitals, doctors, pathology labs, prescriptions... whatever is part of the PROBLEM you are trying to solve.

Explain with words.

Do not send me a PM. Post only to the Forums. I do not respond to PMs.

• Like 3

Your layout makes no sense because it is not a functional data design. Whether it is adjusted to all screens is of no matter.

At this point do not spend any time making the database look good. Get the data structure right first. Making it look good is fun but a waste of time if the data structure is wrong because it will all have to be thrown away and started again.

It means the fields and tables and the relationships will not be useful for much at all.

Take a look at the Purchase Orders template that comes with FMP 11. See how the Purchase Orders and Line Items tables are joined together, and how the portal on Layout 1 is used to allow the entry of the line items records. (The relationship has the "allow creation of related records" option enabled.)

Take a look at the Purchase Orders template that comes with FMP 11. See how the Purchase Orders and Line Items tables are joined together, and how the portal on Layout 1 is used to allow the entry of the line items records. (The relationship has the "allow creation of related records" option enabled.)

This is basically your database.

This topic is 4386 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.