[Samples] portal_with_0px_scrollbar.fmp12

This topic is 4248 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

thumb-f674a2e99f20fb93be9435d39bda2428-p

File Name: portal_with_0px_scrollbar.fmp12

File Submitter: HALBURN

File Submitted: 29 Apr 2012

File Category: Samples

FM Version: 12

With this sample file you can copy the style from my portal with no scroll bars and then apply this appearance to the portals in your own solution.

In FM12 you can set the width of the portal scroll bar to be zero pixels wide, making it invisible but still scrollable. This is a great technique for making a clean iOS interface. (In FMGO12 the iOS temporarily displays it's own thin scroll bars as you are scrolling.)

TIP: FileMaker does not let you manipulate the scroll bar's appearance within FileMaker Pro but you can edit a theme's CSS file or you can use a program such as Clip Manager 4 to alter the how a portal looks.

Click here to download this file

• 2 months later...

This is an awesome sample file thanks for sharing. I have been copying the 0px scrollbar into Clip Manager to look at how its done and I can see that under the "self .scrollbar_track" it has an option for width which you have set to 0pt.

So what I have done is to create a new portal and try to format the same as yours, and then copy into Clip Manager and set my own portals width setting here to 0pt. However when I paste it back into FM I still see the scrollbar.

Can you let me know if there is anything else in the CSS that needs to be modified in addition to the width parameter, I must be missing something somewhere!

---

Also on a side note, the reason I'm interested in the css is I was wondering if there is a way to define a portal via the CSS which has a scrollbar, showing 1 portal row, yet the portal row height is greater than the enclosing object height. The ultimate goal being a single row portal where that row is scrollable. This would allow for scrollbars inside a layout instead of having to make the layout height larger for the scroll. So far Im not getting very far, it doesn't look like there is a row height option. Which probably makes sense because it seems in 12 there is no concept of row height, only portal height?

• 1 month later...

Can you let me know if there is anything else in the CSS that needs to be modified in addition to the width parameter, I must be missing something somewhere!

Make sure it's in the LocalCSS section. Not sure what the purpose of the FullCSS section is, but it doesn't seem to apply when I make changes in it.

- Dave

This topic is 4248 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.