Filemaker 11 Blurry when scrolling in BROWSE

This topic is 4016 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I know there was a problem in the layout mode that was updated but yesterday we ran the new update 10.7.4 and now the files blur when scrolling until it goes dark. Only inside the database. The FM program frame with headers is unaffected. You can go out of one report to another and it corrects itself when going back to the prior layout, but only until you do another query. Help.....

• Newbies

Same here. I didn't notice when it started as I don't necessarily use the functionality where the problem appears every week, but I know last week (and again right now) when I scroll through a list of records in table view (browse mode) the text gets very blurry. If I scroll very quickly the records can become duplicated and layered so as to be wholly illegible (I'll attach an image if I can figure that out).

I'm running FM 11 on Lion 10.7.4. I didn't notice this issue before last week.

Regards,

Matt

Screen%20Shot%202012-05-23%20at%2010.12.

I noticed as I posted my picture that I'm at 150% zoom and wondered if that could be a part of the issue. It appears so. I've been unable to duplicate the problem at 100% or at 200%

• 4 weeks later...
  • Newbies

Me too!. I have this same problem and does anyone know a fix or if Filemaker is aware and working on something??? I waited to update my Mac and thought everything was all clear, but I guess not.

• Newbies

SAME THING HERE.

What is Filemaker doing? It's a shame! Since years we can only utilize 150 or 200.

And now we cannot even use 150. The mentioned problem happens with 150, only.

Lion 10.7.4 and FM 11 on Macpro 2010

FMI's normal pattern is NOT to provide updaters for prior versions (11) after new release (12). Let's hope they will make an exception. I suggest that you at least put it in their face by posting in their Report An Issue forum here http://forums.filemaker.com/hives/1eea103f05/summary

I have the same problem that started in Filemaker only after I upgraded Adobe Creative Suite to CS 6.

But I probably update to Lion 10.7.4 about the same time, so maybe Lion is the culprit.

Thanks to whoever figured out that it was zoom 150.

Lion 10.7.4

FM 11.0 v4

If you report this problem over in Report An Issue at the FMI website (in the link I provided), you might wish to also include a link to this thread so they can see that several people are experiencing the problem and not just one person.

Is this a Font problem?

This happened to me recently (since the OP's post). Unfortunately, I didn't investigate it at the time, and now I can't remember which file I was using. I wish I had checked which fonts were used. :)

I'm still not sure if this FileMaker or, Lion, but Lion has cause some problems with other programs, so my money is on it.

Lee

BTW, has anyone produced an example file of this problem? If so, why not post it so we can test it.

Lee, it happens to me with just about any file where the zoom level is set to 150%. This is FMP 11.0v4 on OS X 10.7.4.

I don't remember it happening before the 10.4 update but then I rarely use the zoom thingy and I only use it in layout mode for detailed design work.

I am working with a client's legacy system that permanently runs in 150% zoom. They all use PCs so it's not an issue for them.

• Newbies

This is not a font problem. My FM file has all fonts in helvetica. I believe the issue is with Lion 10.7.4. That being said...does anyone have this issue using FM12? I am experiencing it with FM 11.04.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Just came accross this topic, it happened to me on a Mac Mini with OS 10.8, I tried FM 10 and 11 (Pro and Adv.) on it (several v's) to no avail.

I reinstalled 10.8 from the cloud and the problem vanished.

The other MAC is an air with 10.7.3, no issues with it.

This topic is 4016 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.