This topic is 4326 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi John!

Option for dynamic multiple sort by User is a game-changer. What an incredible approach! I am not sure which concept I like better ... the sorting or the value list. ExecuteSQL() by itself makes 12 worth it.

Thank you so much for presenting this for us!

Great idea, John, this is cool. The value list didn't load for me at first though, no drop-down would appear... but after poking around a bit it started working, not even sure what I did.

If I were to tweak the interface I don't know that I'd even use a popup window. What if you just built the Sort by click/shift-click on column heads? Another thought, how about displaying the selected sort as text on the layout?

Hey Tom.

Yeah I did think about both scenarios that you mentioned.

The text displayed was something that I had added but I think I zipped an older copy. It should have been there. Thanks for pointing it out so that I can upload the right one. lol.

As for the user interface of shift click, originally I was trying to go down that route. However, after looking at other applications such as Access, Peoplesoft, etc. The common interface is a popup. The Shift-click was not intuitive for other applications so I tried to keep it as a simple popup window.

As for the value not loading, it is probably because you had the debug window open. If you turn it off, it should work.

Thanks for the feedback Tom.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.