Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FMP11 not supported or tested onWindows 8

This topic is 3700 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

According to Filemaker's Help pages, Filemaker 11 is not supported and not tested on Windows 8

http://help.filemake...11308/related/1

This may prove to be an issue for us as we are currently on FMP11 and are not ready to migrate to FMP12.

Does anyone know why FMP11 is not supported - does it not run at all, or does it run with some known issues?

Thanks

Brian

I've just spent two days testing a rather extensive FM11-bult runtime installed on a Windows 8 Pro PC. So far, I can't find a single glitch. I was optimistic since many have indicated that Win 8 simply duplicates Win 7 runtime environment for existing applications. I've even seen that on the MS website.

Then again, the runtime I'm testing doesn't use IWP or communicate with a server. So, there could be problems with features I'm not accessing. Or there could be problems with those embedded V90 libraries and so forth.

Either way, it would be nice to go forward with some definitive information. "Won't work" doesn't seem to be the case. "Not supported" is maybe understandable ... but why not?

Given the shaky state of FM12, I can't move the application forward until (hopefully) the v4 release. So, I'll be interested to hear how other applications are faring.

• 5 months later...

We have on laptop running windows 8 and have had no issues with FM 11.

It has run with both server files and local files.

We did have issues with a Mac Mini running 10.8 (screen got garbled when scrolling up or down), we reinstalled OS 10.8 and it was solved, never figured out what caused the problem.

We run a salad of OS's (Win XP, Win7, Win8), iOS Mac OS10.7 and 10.8, and the only issue has been with 10.8 as indicated above.

Have not tried FM12 yet (and probably won't until 11 is no longer supported, no time for testing and reinstalling), and I like the saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

FileMaker uses the terms "supported" and "tested" very loosely. It doesn't mean it won't work. Just that they are not certifying that it will work. And likely not going to fix any compatibility issues between Windows 8 and FM 11.

I've been using it on 8 successfully, as well. FileMaker Server 11 on Windows 8, I have heard about issues.  But I'm not sure if that was related to Windows 8...or other network issues.

According to Filemaker's Help pages, Filemaker 11 is not supported and not tested on Windows 8

http://help.filemake...11308/related/1

This may prove to be an issue for us as we are currently on FMP11 and are not ready to migrate to FMP12.

Does anyone know why FMP11 is not supported - does it not run at all, or does it run with some known issues?

Thanks

Brian

• 4 months later...

I have a runtime solution, and an installer created with Gammadyne Centurion.  I've found my users have to run both the installer and the solution itself in Win 7 compatibility mode to get it to work, but it seems to work fine that way.

• 5 months later...
  • Newbies

I was able to install FM11 successfully in Windows 8.1.

I've got a new Windows 8.1 PC and I couldn't install FM11. I put the FM11 CD and Autorun and Setup(.exe) simply didn't run.

The solution is running "FileMaker Pro 11(.msi)" file directly from Windows Explorer (just double-click it). The installation of FM11 worked fine. 

This topic is 3700 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.