Database with a corrupt field not recovered when Supercontainer Plug-in is installed!?

This topic is 4171 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a database with a corrupt field. When I try to recover the database (using FileMaker 12v2 or v3 on Windows 7, tried this on several computers) it doesn't see the database as corrupt when the SuperContainer plug-in is installed. When i uncheck the plugin and recover it does see the corruption.

Am surprised that a plug-in could affect the FileMaker's ability to see corruption!?

Not urgent as I recovered the database, just something to watch out for..

(If 360 responds I can email you a clone of this database)

Exactly what "corruption" does the database have, and how are you determining that it has corruption -- by using the Recover command?

Plug-ins instal new functions into the system which can then be used in calculation fields and stuff. If the plug-in is not installed then the calculation usually displays <missing function> or something similar instead of the external function name.

Thanks for the reply Vaughan. Yes I am using the FileMaker recover command. Here is the exact output from the log:

2012-11-12 21:40:22.232 -0600 Documents Clone_10_24.fmp12 0  Recovering: field 'FileName' (19)
2012-11-12 21:40:22.234 -0600 Documents Clone_10_24.fmp12 8477  Calculation modified
2012-11-12 21:40:22.236 -0600 Documents Clone_10_24.fmp12 8476    This item changed

The issue here isn't that when the supercontainer plug-in is installed, it doesn't see any corruption in the file (nothing in the log) even though there is corruption. 

The field is actually a text file with no auto enter calc. It is set via a script however that uses supercontainer.  (yes it is strange that the recover log says "calculation modified". )  

In any case I don't think FileMaker's recover procedure should be different with or without a plug-in installed. Going forward will always check/recover databases without any plug-ins turned on. This database is used by 70 concurrent users and I check it once a month for corruption. In the past I did that with plug-ins on which apparently was a mistake.

This topic is 4171 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.