Plugin Version Numbers

This topic is 3949 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I don't think I've seen anyone else mention this, so perhaps it's just me, but...

When I call "Get (InstalledFMPlugins)" on the Windows platform (FM12 obviously) I don't get any version numbers for 360Works plugins.  This is causing problems with a script used to automatically update plugins if a newer version is available.  Other plugins are correctly returning their version numbers, but not those from 360Works.

E.G here is the output of the data viewer on Windows:

24U SimpleDialog Plug-In;4.1;Enabled
360Works Email;;Enabled
360Works ScriptMaster;;Enabled
BaseElements;1.3.3.0;Enabled
Dialog Plug-In;0.0.54.0;Enabled
fmDataGuard;2.0.4 BUILD 101206;Enabled
ODBC/JDBC Sharing Companion;12.0v1;Disabled
Web Publishing;12.0v1;Disabled

On Mac it is ok:

24U SimpleDialog Plug-In;04010006;Enabled
360Works Email;1.963;Enabled
360Works ScriptMaster;4.132;Enabled
BaseElements;1.3.1;Enabled
Dialog Plug-In;0.54;Enabled
fmDataGuard;2.0.4 BUILD 101206;Enabled
Web Publishing;12.0v2;Disabled

Any ideas / fixes?

Hi Brent

Thanks for the reply.  I guess I'll just rework my script for now to call the specific version function in each 360Works plugin.  I'd be grateful if you would update this thread when the bug is resolved.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

A big BUMP here please!

Any progress on solving this bug? I just lost hours trying to figure out the problem, and I'm almost thinking that I have to revert to manual plugin installation...

I'm actually not sure it's OK on the Mac either (most of my testing is done on 10.6.8).

I have an issue with FTPeekin in a scenario where there may be different versions on the plugin installed on the computer, in different locations. The "default" version installed is 1.52 (installed when you just open FileMaker Pro), and the current version 1.63 is then installed by a file on open.

I'm not getting this error systematically,  FTPeek_Version returns 1.52 and Get ( InstalledFMPlugins ) returns 1.63. And then I get an error message when the script registers FTPeek, I believe since FTPeek tries to register for 1.52 even though plugin is really version 1.63. 

It seems I get this error this way only the first time the plugin install script runs after FMP has been restarted. If I just close the file and re-open it, the installation works.

The attached screen capture show what I get in the data viewer.

post-91903-0-11131500-1360581657_thumb.p

• 4 months later...

As this has been left dormant for a few months, I'd also like to request that this is resolved as we have exactly the same issue as tv_kid and you can only call the internal version number function if the actual version installed remains compatible with the OS installed. For instance if a Java update is released that is incompatible with the existing function, then you've potentially got to call the old incompatible function to be able to replace it with the compatible one. Doesn't always work!

Thanks

Andy

Hello,

I'm able to get version numbers from the latest 360 Works plug-ins using Get( InstalledFMPlugins ) on Windows 7 in FileMaker 12. Can you post your OS and version of FileMaker so I can test with those parameters? Can you also make sure that your plug-ins are up-to-date across the board? 

This topic is 3949 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.