Import 'trick'?

This topic is 4048 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am usisng FM 12 03 advanced.

I consistently get this problem and can't get a handle on the underlying cause (besides my not getting it).... 

I have a medical records application.  There is a table for patients and table for doctors.

I have a import script that goes to a layout for doctors and again for patients and deletes all records.  This works.

I then, via script, goto import using the same layouts and find that the doctor table is trying to use Patients as a source.????

Weird.  Why Patients?  When I uncheck 'perform without dialog" I can see that the source is Patients.  So, I reselect Doctors

and it works.  I save the script.  Sometimes, the source stays as Doctors.  Sometimes it reverts back to Patients.  Once I get it

to perform consistently several times it stays well behaved.  I dont' see what causes this behavior.  I suspect there is something

fundamental I don't 'get'.

So, the question is "What am I not getting about mapping?" 

Thanks

Ron

• 4 weeks later...

I am unsure, Ron.  Can you create a single small demo file showing exactly the behavior you describe?  I personally have not experienced what you describe and I would be interested in seeing it.

• 4 weeks later...

This topic is 4048 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.