This topic is 4058 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

In FM 12 Advanced

I cannot get the Tab Panel Script Trigger script to return a Tab Panel Object Name using either of the Get functions:

Get(TriggerCurrentTabPanel) or Get(TriggerTargetTabPanel)

I have used the GetValue(Get(TriggerCurrentTabPanel);2) but it returns nothing. Using the same function GetValue(Get(TriggerCurrentTabPanel);1) returns the Panel Tab Number.

I've watched videos of people doing this and I've copied examples but cannot get it to work.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks,

Jesse

Filemaker Pro 12 Advanced 

Mac OS X 10.8

• Newbies

Here's a screenshot of a simple 2 tab layout. Tab 1 is "A" and Tab2 is "B". As you can see from the Dataviewer, the 2 Get functions return only the tab number and not the tab name when using the OnTabSwitch Script Trigger. I've tried this on several different layouts of varying complexity with the same result. Although I'm new to FM scripting I've studied all available instructions for using the Tab Panel script trigger and Get functions and cannot see where I'm doing anything wrong. 

8540815758_9f024c93fa.jpg

• Newbies

Thank you David.

I knew it was something simple and I just couldn't find it, There seems to be only oblique references to the "Inspector" which I took to be the Tab Panel Setup.

Gave myself a headache over this one.

This topic is 4058 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.