Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Custom function apprarently breaks in FM12?

This topic is 4048 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

A couple years ago I posted this custom function on briandunning.com: http://www.briandunning.com/cf/1085

It's an extremely simple function intended to be used to define a web viewer object. It basically calls a Google maps URL but embeds the map in the web viewer rather than displaying the entire page. Here is the entire function:

"http://maps.google.com/maps?q=" & Address & "," & City & "," & State & "," & Zip & "&z=" & Zoom & "&output=embed&iwloc=0"

The function works flawlessly in both FM10 and FM11. However, recently there have been a string of FM12 users that claim that when they attempt to create the custom function they receive an error from Filemaker stating "Zoom table not found". I am currently still using FM11 and I have been unable to reproduce the error. It's very odd that the error exists because the [Zoom] value in the function is simply a parameter reference just like [Address], [City], and [state]. After the first person reported the error I assumed that they were simply forgetting to create the [Zoom] parameter or that they were copying the function incorrectly, but now there have been 4 or 5 people all reporting the same error when using FM12.

Can anyone speak to what may be happening here?

I just tried it in FM12, and it works fine.  From the wording of the message "Zoom table not found.", it sounds like they tried to use the function, and didn't replace the word "Zoom" after double-clicking your function in the function list.

e.g.

GoogleMap ( Address ; City ; State ; Zip ; Zoom )

This topic is 4048 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.