This topic is 3999 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I would like to allow an IWP user to specify a document and simultaneously upload it to the SC server and attach it to an email message. SCChooseFile apparently won't allow this with scripting in IWP, and doesn't show a file chooser dialog, though it works fine in the FM client. The SC documentation makes reference to invoking a Java file dialog instead of the native, but I haven't found the correct syntax to use the key+value pair that is referenced, nor do I 

know if that would solve my problem.

Any help out there?

Hi Victor,

SCChooseFile doesn't work in IWP. The window won't open because it's a GUI. And it wouldn't really work even if the window did pop up because the plug-in is on the server machine. That means the file chooser would show you the server machine and not the local machine which isn't what you want in this case.

Joe -- Thanks for the reply, which is as I suspected. I'm hoping there's a way to send a doc as an attachment after it's uploaded into SC. If anyone has any suggestions here, I'd be grateful. Otherwise, I'll keep plugging away, possibly trying to find a CWP solution. -- Victor 

There might be a long workaround, but I'm not sure it's suitable to what you're trying to accomplish.

Have the user upload a file using the buttons in the SC web viewer. Then download the file to the server machine using a server-side script which calls SCDownload. You can install the SuperContainer Companion plug-in to the server to facilitate the download.

After that you can try following the steps here to send emails: http://forums.filemaker.com/posts/28e8395ee3

I hope this helps!

This topic is 3999 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.