CNS Audit - Dev Status?

This topic is 3968 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Anyone make use of the plugin? Is it actively maintained?

I noticed in the version history the latest update was 2010. I tried installing it and using their demo database but it would just cause FileMaker Pro to freeze up.

From a product standpoint...I'm not sure there is much more they can do with it.  Other than bug fixes and making it compatible with new versions of FM.

The advent of Script Triggers and free SQL plug-ins ( and the possibilities with ExecuteSQL ), makes it a little easier to achieve audit trails.

They have updated other plugins, so the company is active.  That I know.

Hello,

The plug-in is still maintained, but as Josh said, there's not much more we can do with it at this point.  We are hoping FMI will add a feature or two that will make this plug-in better, and it's due for a rewrite as well, so hopefully there will be a new version coming. As far as rolling your own, it is more possible now with all the features FMI has added to the product line, but the plug-in is much easier to set up that rolling your own.  If you would still like to try the plug-in, please feel free to email us directly for help.

Thanks,

Jake

Thanks for the info Jake.

I would agree, that an audit trail is possible using FM features...the plugin already addresses some of the things you will run into.  A roll-your-own audit trail requires a good base of FM knowledge.  If you have that along with the time to invest in implementing and testing, go for it.  If you are relatively new at FM and/or DB design or need to get something installed quickly, I would highly recommend the plug-in.

This topic is 3968 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.