Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Unexpected login prompt

This topic is 3927 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

We run FMP11 Server Advanced (on Windows) with FMP 11 Clients.  The server supports a large number of separate legacy databases which are closely interlinked to support our business requirements.  To minimize user logins, our users login to an 'index' database once and can then open other databases via buttons without the need for further login, as user accounts are consistently set up across all the databases.

I've recently added a new script to one of our databases to provide a controlled 'undo' facility for our users for one particular action. Within this script I've used one of the long-standing relationships to check if there are related records in another database with the simple test:

If [count(order tracking::__kp_OrderTrack)>0]

to allow trapping of some conditions in the related database.  

The bizarre issue is that if you open the database via the index, or directly, using any of the account logins and then run the new script, you will be prompted to login again. It only happens the first time that you run the script. It doesn't happen with older scripts that interact with the same related database and have worked as expected and are run from buttons on the same layout. This database has had reliable working links into the other external databases which have performed consistently, and have never previously prompted for a login.

I can't confirm what the problem is using the debugger, as it never asks for a login if I turn on the debugger before I start.  Once the script has run, the related file will turn up in the list of (hidden files) on the Show Window menu, but it isn't there before the script runs - which is what I would expect. 

I have temporarily got around it by adding the field used in the count test onto the layout, so Filemaker has to open the related file as hidden when the layout is displayed; it does this without the login prompt. The script then runs without the login prompt.

Both databases recover without any errors.

Why does the login request appear?

Thanks

Brian

This topic is 3927 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.