Is it a safe bet to say FM PRO 13 should be available within the next 2-3 months.

This topic is 3791 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• 4 months later...

Disappointed that I see no indication that they 've moved to the fm go type of business model, that is released a thin client for mac/pc and fm pro advanced alongside. 

Maybe, we 'll see a thin client on the mac app store? This is one of my wishes, but one I think is looking less possible now. 

Disappointed that I see no indication that they 've moved to the fm go type of business model, that is released a thin client for mac/pc and fm pro advanced alongside. 

Maybe, we 'll see a thin client on the mac app store? This is one of my wishes, but one I think is looking less possible now. 

There won't be a thin client on 13, but the new Instant Web Publishing aka WebDirect looks like a pretty good deal at $60/year per connection compared to $111/year per license.

It does sound like a good deal David, it's good you took the time to calculate cost per year as opposed to licence per year for the server, although I 've no read into the licencing (just reading about concurrent connections for the server actually) bit that much yet.

What I don't get with their licensing yet is if a server with one connection plus say 5 extra connections for an extra price. Ok, does that make 6 connections in total or not? It's a sadly unclear and contradictory in the documentation. 

It does sound like a good deal David, it's good you took the time to calculate cost per year as opposed to licence per year for the server, although I 've no read into the licencing (just reading about concurrent connections for the server actually) bit that much yet.

What I don't get with their licensing yet is if a server with one connection plus say 5 extra connections for an extra price. Ok, does that make 6 connections in total or not? It's a sadly unclear and contradictory in the documentation. 

My understanding is, like so many other things in life (good and bad), “the first one is free”.  IOW, you keep that, and purchasing a 5 pack brings you to 6 concurrent connections.

Note that the connections are what’s important, not “who” the connectors are.  You’re not licensing Sandy and George, and anybody can be one of those concurrent connections.

This topic is 3791 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.