Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Starting Zulu Calendar after a power outage

This topic is 3719 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi, I'm hoping this is an easy fix. Our sever went down during a power outage last week and I had to restart filemaker server and web publishing. Ever since then, Zulu calendars aren't working for me. Is there something I need to do to start them back up?

Thanks!

• 2 months later...
  • Newbies

Actually, the first time after a restart of the FMServer, Zulu did not synchronize anything at all, till I did at least two re-publishes or restarts or whatever (sorry, it's 2 months ago). It was on the server of a customer, who had calendars of two persons synched to Google. After the last fiddling Zulu started to synchronise, which took very long. So long, that I had the impression something was wrong and after 20 minutes or so I decided to delete the accounts and make them anew. Then the customer phoned me that his appointments had been visible in Google Calendar anew, so apparently Zulu was working all right after all, just before I decided to delete the accounts. They had to make new accounts on their phones.

I did not witness the last restart of the FMServer,  but the customer told me he did not dare to press the (re)publish button, and went in the history of his browser to the Zulu-page. There he saw that everything was green - synchronising. But the phone calendars were not synchronised. In Google Calendar on his computer he saw that his calendar existed twice. The old one, which was not being synchronised, but still visible on his phone, and a new one, which was up to date, but not visible on his phone. He told me it is some fiddling around in Android to reset the calendars, but succeeded to do that.

FMServer restarts happen now and then. What is the right way to handle this sort of things?

This topic is 3719 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.