Menu Set ?

This topic is 3779 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I have two privilege sets; Admin and Staff.

All I'm trying to do is, when a user logs in as "STAFF" i install a menu set called "STAFF" real simple.  And it works :-)

However, I need this menu set to stay put until I runs a script to do otherwise.

But for some strange reason, after my script sets the menu to "STAFF" everything is perfect until I click a button to goto another layout and all of a sudden Filemaker standard menu set load ???

WHY!!!

Can't the menu set stay put until I runs another script setting it back to Filemaker standard set.

What is the point if you have to psychoanalyze the process for 47 hours.  I mean come on!!!

How do you set your custom menu set to globally effect your solution / layouts.  Nothing complicated.  

I've attached my script steps.  And it works … initially, until I click to goto another layout. 

I've read all the previous post and the video but nothing is helping.

Any suggestion. 

Thank you.

Tom

post-89394-0-99064600-1386742783_thumb.p

Hey everybody ...

I am paying attention.  Spending hours reading and researching technically CRAP … is like … are you kidding me?

I checked THAT check box already and the opposite happens.  Huh … so please explain if you could be so kind  …. ???

Why can't Filemaker adhere to what I script.  There must be an insane number of places ( from my research ) that can effect a custom menu set based on selection and I've clicked and un-clicked everything checkable, hehehehe :-) Diabolical :-)

And I have yet to find a post / link ( 53 hrs now ) that just keeps it simple.  All I want; is when I call my menu set, it effects my ENTIRE datafile FOREVER until I call another script to change it BACK!!!  Thats it!!! 

I'v been asking God this questions for quite some time now and God has yet to answered it!  

Why is the TRUTH hidden??

Why is it; that everything else show up; but the truth?  Huh? … Anybody ??

Thank you.

Tom :-)

No, that is not what you did.

Your script and your statements are saying two different things.

If you HAD set as default, your script screen shot would show it.

It would look this.

But your script does not look like this.

Install Menu Set [ “MyMenu” ]

[ Use as file default

Hi LaRetta,

Thank you.  

Bruce, can you assume for just a small moment that the check box was checked ??  Just because I took a snap shot of my script it was only after I put everything back to the beginning to start FRESH for the nth time.  I finally had no choice but to come the FM Forums post my script and ask a stupid question.

I checked that check box, many times Bruce.

LaRetta, I took a break, and can back to it after I posted … nothing was working.  Apparently whatever I was doing ( No Sleep ) was interfering with the check box ??  Hehehehe :-)

Food for my soul :-) LaRetta … food for my soul :-)

Tom :-)

Oh been there, done it.  It can take me 15 'no-sleep' hours or 2 'rested' hours to accomplish the same thing.  Doing the math, I could sleep a full 10 hours, still be 3 hours ahead AND feel wonderful as a result AND do a better job.  I said all of this to myself recently because I just went through process where I was up over 30 hours and I had wondered why I couldn't think straight any more.   :hmm:

There is also the issue of how you are holding your mouth.  I've found that sometimes if I scrunch it up and wiggle my nose, something begins to work again.   Formulating a question to post here on forums can also provide a gush of answers.  

But from a wiser perspective, the vacuum cleaners need time to run in your brain otherwise it chokes on dust.  :laugh2:

This topic is 3779 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.