Uniform stretching of horizontal buttons (or fields for that matter) with different window sizes. (FM 13)

fmow

This topic is 3774 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Is there anyway to have my buttons on top of a slider pane uniformly stretch (that is each one gets wider) when the window is stretched? I am using an ipad size as the basis of my design for the buttons. I am afraid though, this isn’t possible.

This also includes fields, but again I can’t have the behaviour I want, I usually have a field in the middle I stretch, which aesthetically isn’t where it’s at.

Having said that, if there is no other work around, I am going to use scripts here to script in going to a new layout upon a considerable change in screen dimensions. Which is possible in FM 13

I had the same need.  Buttons, even if grouped, will not centre as you wish.  There are two alternatives, 1) repetitions and 2) a single field.  If you review this thread and particularly the final attachment presented, you will see good example of both techniques.

Using a single field ended up being our choice since it allows any font whereas repetitions would require non-proportional font.

http://fmforums.com/forum/topic/89778-center-within-repetitions/

Draw the size of the horizontal bar the smallest size width you need then set anchors left, top and right so it will expand as much as needed.  :-)

• Like 1

This topic is 3774 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.