Moving DocuBin to another server

This topic is 3705 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Migrating DocuBin

If you're using FileMaker Server, close the three DocuBin files from the FileMaker Admin Console. You can now safely remove and upload them to your new FileMaker Server. 

When you open DocuBin for the first time from the new server you will need to point it to the location of your new SuperContainer deployment. You will be prompted to do this if you stopped SuperContainer on the old server. If you left SuperContainer running on the old server you will need to go to File » DocuBin Settings » SuperContainer to change the address.

Migrating SuperContainer Files

Before you copy any files over, stop SuperContainer on the old server, then deploy and register SuperContainer on the new server. This allows SuperContainer to create its directory with the appropriate permissions on the new server. Then copy the Files directory (/Users/Shared/SuperContainer/Files/) from the old server to the new server.

Please not that you don't have to have SuperContainer and DocuBin (FileMaker Server) running on the same machine.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Michael, this is helpful.

A followup question. A part of your instructions says to stop SuperContainer. How do I do this? (I have SuperContainer installed with FMS13 – i.e. not as a standalone application – on a mac.)

Is it simply a matter of stopping the web server that FileMaker Server installs? (Which, in case this is helpful to others, on the mac is done as follows: open terminal, go to /Library/FileMaker Server/HTTPServer/bin/ and type sudo ./httpdctl gracefulstop .. to start it back up, type sudo ./httpdctl start)

This topic is 3705 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.