Runtime Screen Size Changes on Different Monitors

suzuka

This topic is 3728 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I have created a db. and distributed a "runtime solution" to my friends. Some claimed that screen size of software enlarged. While some claimed that screen squeezed, and we have to zoom it to read. Why this is happening? If we use any software, it automatically fits to any resolution of any monitor then why filemaker runtime does not fit automatically to any kind of monitor with any resolution it has. I need a detailed answer and if we can fix it, the whole procedure plz in detail. Thanks

I can't give you a detailed answer, but your assumption that all software adapts to screen resolution is not correct. If that were true we could expect computer operating systems to be the most likely candidates to adopt this. While looking at your desktop, change the screen resolution. You'll notice your icons will shrink or grow depending on your resolution selection. In FileMaker you can, I believe, capture the screen resolution and program size or zooming dependent on the resolution. My point is that any software that automatically adapts size to screen resolution does so because a developer programmed it to do so.

This topic is 3728 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.