Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
suzuka

Runtime Screen Size Changes on Different Monitors

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have created a db. and distributed a "runtime solution" to my friends. Some claimed that screen size of software enlarged. While some claimed that screen squeezed, and we have to zoom it to read. Why this is happening? If we use any software, it automatically fits to any resolution of any monitor then why filemaker runtime does not fit automatically to any kind of monitor with any resolution it has. I need a detailed answer and if we can fix it, the whole procedure plz in detail. Thanks

I can't give you a detailed answer, but your assumption that all software adapts to screen resolution is not correct. If that were true we could expect computer operating systems to be the most likely candidates to adopt this. While looking at your desktop, change the screen resolution. You'll notice your icons will shrink or grow depending on your resolution selection. In FileMaker you can, I believe, capture the screen resolution and program size or zooming dependent on the resolution. My point is that any software that automatically adapts size to screen resolution does so because a developer programmed it to do so.

Ok "Rick Whitelaw", So what dimensions should I set while creating a database, which will fit on every monitor resolution? Here I show you my problem.

links.

'>

'>

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By Courtney
      I have a business unit within my company for whom I set up a quick time tracking database about 6 months ago based on the time tracking system that my business unit has been using for years. After their "pilot" usage, they sent me back this graphic of what they want the interface to look like. It's a spreadsheet. Really. I'm super frustrated. I don't even know where to post this. I don't know why they don't just use a spreadsheet if they want a spreadsheet.
      What I would like to do (after my top 3 completely unprofessional responses) is either refer them to an existing product that someone has already developed that looks like this OR find out if there's a relatively simple way to set up something like this in FileMaker. Did I mention this is all a "favor" that I'm expected to do at no cost, and aside from my normal workload? Right now I can't even begin to wrap my head around how to do something like this. One record with the Project, Task, Notes, and then one field per day of the week for hours to be entered?
      Grateful for any suggestions!

• By john9210
      I am examining a demo file. The field SportName uses a curious auto entry calculation. Let[Trigger=SportCategory;""], where SportCategory is another field in the same table. What's the purpose and what does it mean? Being auto entry, I thought it only effected new records.
    • By john9210
      I have a script that is supposed to open a URL. Instead, it opens a folder on my desktop. Two script steps: Enter browse mode; OpenURL. The field that the script uses is a text field and contains the web address that starts with http://. Why should it be opening a folder? I can't find a setting anywhere to control this.
    • By AngelArs
      This should be a easy one to answer...

Recently imported an excel file and all of the formatting was off. 

Looking at the table, I need to select everything in a field (column) so that I can center every entry in the column. How do you do this? 

I tried selecting the top entry, hold down the shift key and then select the bottom entry, but that didn't work.
    • By CaseyJustice
      I'm using FileMaker Go version 12.0.8 for iPad to run a database created using FileMaker Pro 12 Advanced. After collecting several days worth of data and backing up daily with no problems, I suddenly lost a day's worth of data while attempting to transfer the data to my laptop via iTunes. I could see all of the data on the iPad, but after trying to save to the laptop, all of the most recent data I collected disappeared. It's as if the most recent data was never saved on the iPad and was lost during transfer to the laptop. The only thing I can think of that might be related to this problem was an update to the iPad operating system (to version 8.4 (12H143)) that I performed prior to the last day of data collection. Now I am very nervous about using FileMaker Go to collect additional data for fear that the data will be lost. Anyone have any thought about what may have caused this or how to prevent it in the future? Thanks very much.
      Casey