MySQL sync not working

This topic is 3738 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello Board!

I have an external MySQL db setup and working very well. All is OK, except, i'm trying to add another field into Filemaker.

I have used the Sync button before and the field just pops straight up, no problem.

Today, though, i've had a BLOB field added (so i can have a barcode.png file in that field and print it onto a Layout in FM that uses the external table).

It doesn't show. Is this because of the field type?

I've restarted FM but i can't restart the MySQL server.

Any ideas? I'm stumped, it doesn't seem to be very complicated, it never has been. There doesn't seem to be many options.

H

Just reading through a FM doc - 'External SQL Sources In Depth'. It says that BLOB fields are not supported!

D'oh!

Not sure how to approach this, then.

I have a Production Table (MySQL) with a Production number field, Quantity and Stock code fields.

I have a Layout for a Production Order that has other fields related to these three fields that are contained in FM tables.

I need a Barcode to print out of the Production Number field, so it can be scanned and auto-entered.

Do i need to copy the Production Table into an FM table? Can i do auto-import routines?

Thanks,

H

Can't get this function to work!

I have an encoded string inside a field and am using a Calculation field to display what should be a Barcode:

Base64Decode ( barcode_base64;"BARCODE.PNG" )

barcode_base64 is a text field with the encoded Base64 string in it and the "BARCODE.PNG" is a file name, although i really don't know what i should be putting in there. I've found a reference to having to have the file extension in, but that's it.

Erm, Do i still need a container field to set the Base64Decoding output to?

Going round in circles here....

Can a calculation field display the result of the encoded field as a .png?

This topic is 3738 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.