2 posts in this topic
FMS web server not enabled
By Rick Whitelaw
While trying to track down a reason for not having access to the Admin Console from a remote machine (can access it locally) I discovered that web server was not enabled. I can't find a way to enable it. On the status page there is no indication. I only discovered this by editing the deployment. Nor can I find a fsadmin command to start the web server. Does anyone have a clue how to proceed with starting the web server?
better client hardware or server? i need speed
is the client machine hardware important for performance? or is just the server? or both ?
i have been having some troubles in some client machines that crash when sorting records, but i really don't know if the problem comes from the server or client
please let me know
Does anyone have metrics on the performance consequences of enabling Filevault on a MacOS FM server14 installation?
Our University IT is now requiring MacOS users to encrypt all storage devices.
What I found on the FM board (http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9650) is the recommendation NOT to enable Filevault due to the performance hit, but no indication of the severity of the effect. The recommendation is indistinguishable from being part of a laundry list of generic recommendations to improve performance (get a fast drive, enough RAM etc).
Any experiences to help guide me here?
select-able conditional value list
I am trying to make a list that is select-able and the values are base on another field. I have tried the following but for some reason the values are all or none.
"ALBANY MEDICAL CLINIC";
"ALBANY SURGICAL ASSOC";
"ALBANY SURGICAL CENTER";
"ELM ST. PROFESSIONAL";
"GEARY ST. CLINIC";
"LEBANON COMM. HOSPITAL";
"LEBANON IMAGING DEPT.";
"LEBANON SURGICAL ASSOC.";
"MAIN ST. CLINIC";
"N. LINCOLN MEDICAL PLAZA";
"PHYSICIANS REF. NETWORK";
"REBOUND PHYSICAL THERAPY";
"SAMARITAN NEURO SURGERY";
"SAMARITAN NUCLEAR MED.";
"SAMARITAN OB/GYN SURGICAL";
"SAMARITAN PLASTIC SURGERY";
"SAMARITAN SPORTS MED.";
"SAMARITAN SURGICAL SPEC.";
We have been having an occasional issue where records just disappear. It's been going on for almost a year now and we simply can't see what might be causing it. It is not common and seems to happen at random. Once every 2 weeks or so.
Our database has 33 tables. The disappearing records all come from the same table. It is hosted on a cloud based server with 17 clients in 2 cities (same time zone) accessing it.
Steps we have taken so far are:
• Disabled "delete record" from the Menu Set
• Implemented a dedicated "delete record" script that notifies the administrator when it is run so that the administrator can confirm with the user that the deletion was intentional.
• Checked that records can not be deleted via a relationship
• Tracked the timing of discovery that records have disappeared. This is difficult because it may be weeks or months before someone needs to refer to it, so doesn't really tell us when the record disappeared.
When the record is deleted it appears that related records are NOT deleted.