Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Reed

pc
FMS 13 Slow External Auth?

2 posts in this topic

I recently installed FMS13, after uninstalling FMSA12 from my test server, and since doing that, I've noticed that there's a significantly longer delay that happens when authenticating with AD accounts than there used to be.  This happens whether using FMP clients or with Webdirect.  I see this ~5-10 second delay about 40-60% of the time when I connect to one of my databases employing AD authentication.  The same databases didn't have this when using FMSA12 on the test server, nor do they have this delay on our production FMSA12 server.  I'd like to know if anyone else is seeing this, and if there's a way around this prior to going live in production with FMS13.

Thanks,

Dana

I have heard no other reports about this.  A few things to check:

1.  Have you rebooted the database server after all of these changes?

2.  Is the database server still connected to the network exactly as it was before the change to Server 13?

3.  Are you noticing any other latency on the network when connecting to the Server 13 machine?

4.  Is the server clock showing the same time as the Active Directory domain controller's clock?

Steven

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By Steven H. Blackwell
      FileMker, Inc. has released the 15.0v2 updater fro FileMaker Server.
      http://www.filemaker.com/support/downloads/

• By Mikael Björk
      Hi, we are going to sync two filemaker server 15 with 360works mirrorsync. does anyone have any experiance with that? how did it work?
      Thanks for your help
      Mikael.

• By Tondats Fuertes
      Hi Filemaker experts,
      Please have patients on me for I’m still novice with this Filemaker language.
      I got two tables here: ServiceRequest and Customers
      Service Request table contains sixteen(16) fields:
      1.SRNo
      2.Name
      3.Account No.
      4.Address
      5.Meter No.
      6.RequestService
      7.RequestType
      8.Remarks
      9.Attention
      10.DateTimeCreated
      11.Receivedby
      12.Notedby
      13.Confirmedby
      14.DateTimeAction
      15.Actedby
      16.Conformedby
      Customers table contains four(4) fields and have 500 records:
      1.CustName
      2.CustAddress
      3.CustAccountNo.
      4.CustMeterNo.
      The “Name” field as drop-down list under the Service Request table, I’m using “Autocomplete using Value List” for user to type the customer’s name and just select it. But the problem is, when I selected the customer’s name, the Account No, Address, and Meter No. will not automatically fill-up with their corresponding address, account no and meter no of the customer.
      What I want is: When a user selected a Customer’s name from a drop-down Customers name’s list, the address, account number, and the meter number should as well automatically filled-up with the corresponding information of the selected customer in the customer’s name field.
      Let say, If I selected the name “EDDIE GARCIA” in the drop-down list
      Name               : EDDIE GARCIA
      Account No.     : 
      Address           : 
      Meter No.        :
      The Account No, Address, and Meter No as well should be automatically filled-up with the corresponding information of EDDIE GARCIA.
      Name              : EDDIE GARCIA
      Account No.    : 012-012-015
      Address          : Brgy. 06 Jose Rizal Street
      Meter No.       : 90806450
      I will appreciate very much if someone can help me with this. Thanks!
    • By genious
      I have a job that I will need Filemaker to do, At the moment I would have to load it onto our old 2008 standard server till we get a new machine in the new year.  For now this project will not be very intensive about 5/6 users at most. Would it work?
    • By troutstudio
      I can't access or download PDF's in a container field when the solution is hosted via Webdirect. Is this problem fixed in FMS15? Thanks for your help - it's much appreciated.