"Configure for WebDirect" vs. fmwebdirect extended privilege

This topic is 3677 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

It seems like the File -> Sharing -> Configure for WebDirect dialog basically just sets the fmwebdirect extended privilege for the selected privilege sets (or all of them if "all users" is selected), so the two methods could be used interchangeably.  Is this accurate, or is there something I'm missing?

If that's the case, the "Don't display on FileMaker WebDirect homepage" checkbox is the only mystery to me in that dialog box; how exactly does that function?  Is there any other way to configure that, or is that the one place where that can be shut off?

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, Steven, I am clear on its function.  I am just curious as to how it performs its function.  Is there a separate internal flag in the file like the one that would make it not show on the Open Remote dialog?  Is there some blacklist that the script that generates the WebDirect page pays attention to to know not to list the file?  etc.

Any idea on any possible distinction between using "Configure for Webdirect" and just manually setting the extended privilege, other than the ability to not show the fie on the WebDirect home page?

This topic is 3677 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.