Batch change data-source of Table Occurrences

This topic is 3117 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Is the only way to change the data-source of a table occurrence, manually?  

I'm working with a data separated solution that has one presentation database and 3 databases containing data.  When the system was originally designed there were good reasons (at the time) to have 3 separate databases for the data.  Now it no longer makes sense and is over-complicating development.  I'm hoping to combine the 3 data databases into 1.  But it's going to mean changing the data-source for 400+ table occurrences in the presentation database.

Hoping there is a method by which I can change them in bulk?

I found this (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5764809/filemaker-batch-changes-to-source-of-a-table-occurrence) but I'm not experienced with AppleScript, so hoping for a Filemaker solution.

Thanks for any ideas!

p.s. or maybe it isn't worth it and I should just stick with 3 separate data databases.

• 1 year later...

I'm looking for an answer to the same question. I have a large file I would like to convert to separate files by saving an empty clone and changing the data source for all the TOs to the file with the data in it. Is there a way to change them all in one process or would I be stuck manually changing the data source in the hundreds of TOs manually one at a time?

This topic is 3117 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.