Filemaker Server 13 plug-in installation issues

This topic is 3614 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am having issues in installing ALL 360works plugins on Filemaker 13 server. I am trying to install a current download of the portfolio licenses so that all will be there should I need them. In one case, FTPeek, I need it right now and so this is why I am posting here. In all cases I am getting the following message.

ERROR enabling 360Works_FTPeek.fmplugin pluginnFMSError=NoSubscriber.

Furthermore, server always says "Not Loaded" in the Plug-in name column and I cannot save.

Please see the screen shot attached.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Jim,

This error could be one of two things: either there is no 32-bit Java installed to the machine, or the FileMaker Script Engine (FMSE) is not functioning properly. Both scenarios should be simple enough to fix.

Due to a hard-coded path within 360Works' plugins, a 32-bit Java is required for the plugin to initialize even though FileMaker Server 13 (FMS13) is a 64-bit process. On Windows, you can install the latest version of Java in both 32-bit and 64-bit alongside one another. I recommend updating to the latest version of Java available to avoid any possible security risks. You will need to restart the database server to reload the plugins with the new environment.

If the FMSE is not functioning properly, you can manually restart it using the command line, or you can restart the FileMaker Server Service to kill and start all FMS processes. You may need to do this twice: once with the plugin uninstalled then again with the plugin installed. Also, once the plugin is enabled, do not disable it as this can cause the error to pop up again.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

• 1 month later...
  • Newbies

Hi - we're having the same problem on an FM13 server running on Mac OS 10.8.5. We get the same error message as Jim and we're unable to save the changes after selecting the FTPeek plugin (v 1.642). I can't see how we can have both 32 and 64 bit versions of Java running (current version is 7 update 55) if that's applicable in a Mac OS environment. I've rebooted multiple times / selected-deselected the plugin in admin console and so on but no joy yet.

Any suggestions?

Jon

Hi Jon,

There is a way to have both 32 and 64-bit versions of Java running in OS X. All versions of Java 7 provided by Oracle for OS X are 64-bit, so you will need to install Java SE 6 (provided by Apple) in order to have a 32-bit version of Java. Here is a download link: http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1572

That same page will contain any updated versions of Java SE 6 that Apple releases, so check that page for updates when necessary.

This topic is 3614 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.