Memory problem...

This topic is 3685 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello everyone, I’ve developed iPad application on my pc, I’ve used FileMaker Pro Dev. 12.0v3. My application includes 37 tables, 85 forms, 83 scripts and about 255 global variables that I define by start-up script. Why 255 global variables? Because I use them as labels form to manage localize language version. Yesterday I’ve uploaded application on my iPad: model 3 with iOS 7.1, 16 Gb and 5,3 Gb memory free. I have tried to run it with FMPro 12 before then with FMPro 13. I have got a lot of problems: • Buttons that did not executed their script command associated • uncompleted rendering: forms with white area • Labels changed • and so on… Before to think… to my suicide could you give me some suggestion?

Probably not the answer you want to hear but I think you are trying to get a solution that might be better designed for a computer crammed onto an iPad. Just because it might run well on a PC doesn't mean it will run well on an iPad. The newer iPads have only 1 Gb of ram. I suspect you probably are having memory problems running this large solution. I use a program called system status to keep track of the amount of ram being used on an iPad. Using variables whenever possible is a good start on optimizing your solution. A while back I had a parsing process that took a very long time to run. I made one change where I used a variable instead of a global field and it ran 37 times faster.

This topic is 3685 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.