Admin access lost

This topic is 3686 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi,

To start with I'm a FM beginner so excuse my question.

I'm using FMPro 11 on a Mac.

I created a db and started playing around with while trying to learn FM. I created a new user and gave that account admin rights (full access).

Afterwords I removed that user from the user list as it was just for testing.

My Mac managed to crash and after restarting it I noticed that I was not able to access my db anymore. I tried to create a new db and then add

the testuser I had before and that way managed to open my previous db. The problem now is that I can not edit my database because the user I

added does not have full access to the db and the "manage" button is greyed out so I can change the settings.

Is there a way to add a user that is a default user with full permission for all databases?

It seams to me that you set accounts and rights to each database separately?

I don't know if you understand my question but I don't really know how to explain this.

Thanks in advance,

BR
Mille

>If you have lost the ability to access the database with full access for whatever reason ( removed the full access account, forgot the password, crash that corrupted the security settings ) their is nothing you can do to recover without destroying the file

>> When you create a new file a full access account is also created. What you do with tthe full access account after that is up to you for every file.

>>> See Wim's response.

Hi,

To start with I'm a FM beginner so excuse my question.

I'm using FMPro 11 on a Mac.

I created a db and started playing around with while trying to learn FM. I created a new user and gave that account admin rights (full access).

Afterwords I removed that user from the user list as it was just for testing.

My Mac managed to crash and after restarting it I noticed that I was not able to access my db anymore. I tried to create a new db and then add

the testuser I had before and that way managed to open my previous db. The problem now is that I can not edit my database because the user I

added does not have full access to the db and the "manage" button is greyed out so I can change the settings.

Is there a way to add a user that is a default user with full permission for all databases?

It seams to me that you set accounts and rights to each database separately?

I don't know if you understand my question but I don't really know how to explain this.

Thanks in advance,

BR
Mille

This topic is 3686 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.