Hide/Unhide by hover alone

This topic is 3665 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I read periodically that folks want to have an object hide upon hover (but not require a button click).  Or they want an image to appear upon hover.  Here is a method to do just that (both an FMP12 file and video).   It has very limited use.  The labels or images must be pre-determined and established as Styles.  This is presented only as another tool for the toolkit. 

Possible uses: 

• Create the US state's names as an image.  Then the state name can disappear when hovering on a map so roads can be easily read.  These can be saved as Styles to use throughout the solution or shared with other files.
  • Placing large Section letters A, B, C on auditorium seating where, upon hover, details on seating shows underneath.

As I said ... it is limited.  But it was useful to me recently so I thought I'd share it. :-)

Emule.mp4.zip

Hover Display.fmp12.zip

• Like 2

Oh please DO share!  With v13, we can make the text States (for example) into Styles.  This is what I do with icons so I can select the trash can whenever I wish (for example).

And even map segments can be the images.  I wish I had a theatre to design for right now!  But again ... must be hard-coded into the Style from what I can tell.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.