Portal Printing...

This topic is 3577 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Could someone please tell me why my portal isn't printing correctly on the Print_Itinerary layout?

Print_FlyItinerary.png

Even though there are two flights listed in the portal on the Trips layout, it insists on printing the first record twice.

The file is located here for download.

post-102845-0-98439200-1404409184_thumb.

Files need to be attached to a reply here. If you need help in knowing how, just follow the steps here

If you need additional help on this, or have questions, please contact me by Private Message.

The TOs of the field in the portal and of the portal itself don't match; use “Segments 2” for both

That didn't change anything. I changed them all to Segments 2 and then all back to Segments on both the Trips layout as well as the Print_Itinerary layout Still the same result.

The field within Segments2 is based upon Manifests.  It should be Display Trips Portal from Segments2 instead.  :-)

But honestly, you have many-to-many and I can't figure your structure.  Maybe someone else can delve deeper with you.  Oliver?

But why did you change it to Segments2 then change it back?  If you do what Eos and I both said, you get this:

Isn't it right?

post-59345-0-70831400-1404428463_thumb.p

That didn't change anything. I changed them all to Segments 2 and then all back to Segments on both the Trips layout as well as the Print_Itinerary layout Still the same result.

Don't know what you mean by “all". Match the field in the portal to the TO of the portal to get this result:

post-80889-0-80222100-1404428531_thumb.p

ATM you're using a field from the layout TO with the same name; I can see where that may be confusing …

Maybe someone else can delve deeper with you.  Oliver?

Hi LaRetta,

not interested  :laugh:

I would consider it but I'm out of time here for now.  What?  You don't like being volunteered?   :laugh2:

Well you've got the grit to take it on, for sure!

Between some other FM projects I need to juggle, and mentally preparing for a tight WC match with Germany facing France in less than 17 hrs, and the fact that right now it's 1AM in my neck of the woods, I'll constrain my public services to pointing out the bleeding obvious, and leave subtle to others …  :laugh:

But thanks for the flowers, anyway.

What?  You don't like being volunteered?   :laugh2:

As they say: it depends!

Don't know what you mean by “all". Match the field in the portal to the TO of the portal to get this result:

As you suggested, I tried changing both the TO's to Manifest 2 and came up with the same printed result. I then changed them back to Manifest but to no avail.

Then last night as I lay in bed with this running through my head (I know... TMI), I thought that maybe there was something the portal didn't like about the Merge Field.

So this morning, I removed the Merge Field and replaced it with the actual fields, Alas, another problem.

The printout was showing all the flight as it should but it was only showing the Destination and Arrival time on the first flight. So I looked into the page layout and it looked as if everything was contained within the walls of the portal. I must be blind because I make the portal rows 2px taller and Voila!

Then I removed the fields and moved the Merge Field back and all is good.

Delete the Segments2 TO. It serves no purpose.

Bruce, I looked at your example file and rearranged mine match it. The Segments2 TO is gone.

It works perfectly now.

Now, to everyone here...

Thank you so much for your help. Please realize that I am trying my best to learn FMP but only have so much time to invest between running three businesses.

I also know that I am no longer a spring chicken and my memory is getting shorter and shorter.

You should know how much time I spend going back and looking at my earlier content so I can re-learn from it.

So again, thank you for all your help but most of all, thank you for your patience with me. Everything I have learned about FMP I have learned from you guys for from the manuals or just by simple trial and error. Mostly error.

Sincerely,

Charlie

Oh, and Eos, I'm working on my creative naming.

This topic is 3577 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.