Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
michele

Script on button in portal row doesn't show in DDR

6 posts in this topic

Hello,

I just discovered something scary.  I wanted to check if a specific script was used on a layout as I wasn't sure anymore.  So I created a DDR.

When checking the script in the DDR the 'Layouts that use this script' and 'Scripts that use this script' parts were empty.

Still I felt a bit unsure about deleting my script, so I searched for it manually on my layout and...I found it.

I used it in a portal on a button (=text).

Is this a known bug of the DDR or did I miss something?

curious did you give the button object a name? - wonder if doing so would force it to be included in the DDR?

Your description is unclear. Can you provide an example or provide a more detailed description? What is "button (=text)" ?

Was this an HTML DDR or an XML DDR?

The HTML DDR is a translation of the XML one so it could have been missed in the translation.

When checking the script in the DDR the 'Layouts that use this script' and 'Scripts that use this script' parts were empty.

Is this a known bug of the DDR or did I miss something?

Hard to tell without being able to reproduce your issue.  Which I cannot do:

post-72594-0-31594300-1405914810_thumb.p

I need to apologize.  The DDR consisted of different parent folders and I appear to have a script with the same name in another parent folder.

@Comment it's your picture that made me go back to the DDR to take screen shots and realise there was something different going on. 

I should have tried to reproduce the error myself but I was 'stuck' staring at the script name.

Thank you all for your replies.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• Scripts drop down menu is greyed out
      By MutantST
      Hi All,
      Does anyone know why my scripts drop down menu might be greyed out? I am unable access these functions.
      Cheers, Simon
    • HELP creating homework planner app
      By Hamidfs
      Hi,
      Im in deep trouble
      I need help using scripts
      I am making a homework managing app for a project and i have created a few fields; date due, subject, task, and task type
      I need help on how to process this information and show computational thinking 
      I need help in creating POP UPS!!
      I am looking for something, when clicked on, pops up a screen showing the outstanding work when the user clicks on button 1 which has a date which has past . AND I'm also trying to make a button 2 which shows entries that are close to the next few days 
      please help as soon as possible and suggest any features i can add to the homework manager and how to write the script for the buttons

• Moving scripts to folders in Script Workplace?
      By fmwannabe
      I'm using 14 Advanced, and looking at the Script Workplace. The left pane has my scripts. Some are in folders, some not.
      How does one move an existing script into an existing folder? I tried dragging but that won't work. Must be a different way? Or perhaps they are moved someplace else in FileMaker Pro?
    • Stopping a database form selecting a field
      By Stickybeak
      I have a script that runs on open.
      It insists on selecting a non-modifiable field even when I end the script with a go to object command.
      How do you get a file to open in a neutral state - ie with no active field?
    • Script Running Way Too Long
      By Lawrencex
      Hello FM Pros
      Would appreciate some tips for the following script problem:
       I have a situation here where my scripts in FM 13 Pro Adv takes more than 5 hrs to complete a calculation.

I have Field "A" which is a 7 digit code numbers FIELD, which most often are repeating numbers, from 200 different types.
      (And I have upto 80 million records, in this field.) Code examples: 1234567, 2345678, 5678012,...

Fields "B" to "Y" (are global Fields) provides a reference number for each type of the 7 digit codes from Field "A". For
      example the code 1234567, as above, the reference is, eg. HH/2015/Jul/132, Code 2345678 the reference is, HH/2015/Sep/314,...etc

Field "C" list the reference numbers from Field "B" in the order of the records from Field "A"

I use the following scripts in Field "C"

If [Field A="1234567"]
      Perform Script [Replace Field Contents Field C;Field B]
      Else If [Field A="2345678"]
      Perform Script [Replace Field Contents Field C:Field B]

Else If (...until 200 lines of the references from Field)

End If

The script runs well. However, it takes more than 5 hrs to complete the entire 80 million records.)

Would appreciate your suggestion to speed run the scripts.

Many thanks in advance.

Lawrencex