Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

FileMaker 12 Connection Problem

3 posts in this topic

I have a server on one of the ISP. For more than one years it is running.
But today I can not connect to databases published. I have checked the port number 5003, it is open. Windows firewall is off.
FileMaker sever is running, I can connect server by the filemaker runs on the server machine. FileMaker running on the server machine can not connect any other server. CWP page is running over http.
I am missing something, what could I do to solve this problem?

Since it was running before and now not, something setting was changed.  Find out what work / updates the provider has done.

Triple-check that port 5003 is open.

Thank you Wim

I have checked port and network utility. Both of seems the port open.

But problem has gone. You are right, problem was related to our provider's network settings.

Have a nice day.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• European FMP Support needed - April-June 2016
      By jdornbos
      We operate a FileMaker-based event registration system that communicates with a SQL back end. Our customer will be using it for two demo tours they are running, 1 in France and 1 in Germany. Both tours run from April 2016 – June 2016. They have their events on Friday, Saturday and Sunday and we are looking for help providing on-call phone support during their European hours of operation. I don’t have their exact event schedule yet, but each tour will have 8-10 stops – occupying most weekends April - June.

The tour staff speaks English. Preregistration records are downloaded from the SQL back end before the team departs from their hotel for the day. On site, they connect the (PC) laptop which hosts the FM12 database to a wireless router. They connect up to 6 iPads to the wireless router and open the FM database using FM Go.

If they’re going to have trouble, it’s usually at the start of the day – not a great time for a US-based company to support a European client. And it’s usually at the start of the tour, while they work on getting the routine down.

If this is something that you or the company you work for could help us with, please send me an email combining my username here with the domain

• The "Impossibility" of losing FileMaker data
      By Craig Wall
      I have designed a solution that is shared over a network that I remotely oversee. My client has witnessed frequent loss of client connection, and I see it myself about once a day when I log in remotely.
      Losing connection is an issue in itself which I've been researching.
      But what I'd like your opinion about is a related issue. Several staff members swear that on a few occasions when they lose their connection that they also lost some of their work. I've viewed this a spurious claim because of the nature of FM. Sure, I, conceded, you might lose the work in one field but I haven't seen it as possible to lose more than that.
      Am I wrong? Is it possible in a network environment to lose data--beyond the active field?
    • Handling record locking and interrupted sync
      By Andreas T.
      How does Mirrorsync deal with potential record locking (due to record being in use by another user) during sync?
      Also, how are any interruptions handled during sync, say a network disconnect?
    • Storing and sharing content in container fields on local network
      By mandane
      Hi all,
      I'm wondering what the best way to store images in a container field is if I would like to do the following.
      - Have the images be stored outside of the database
      - be able to access the images with and iPad or iPhone
      I'm setting up a wordpress to ecommerce store that will grab images from the filemaker records and post them to the WP server.  My thought was that having the images outside the database i.e setup through the 'manage container' dialog, would be easier for resolving to the file path for the image.  
      This method gives me good response on one machine, and If I add the images to a network drive I can access the database and images over a network. Also no problem.
      However, if I want to access the database on an iPad or iPhone, the only way I can get the images is by adding them as a 'reference only'.  
      How can I can get the best of both worlds?  I Don't want to store references of images, but I also would like to have access to them through an iPad.
    • I make changes... not seen immediately
      By billhagara
      This has been happening for a long time, we usually just put up with it.  Closing the file and re-opening it will show all changes, or just wating for a while. 
      If I add a button or a graphic or make any sort of layout change, it can take a long time for users to see it at their desks.  Recently, I added a 'dashboard' feature so that invoices are counted up and put in categories of 'today', 'this week', and 'this month'.  If I open two windows on my desk with an invoice in one and the dashboard in the other, changes to the invoice in terms of status, date, etc will result in instant changes on the dashboard.  The changes don't show for others on the network for some time... hours maybe.  Is there something I can add to the code or some change in the network or server that I don't know about to make changes propagate more quickly to the user desktops?
      FM Server 12, and Filemaker 12 Clients.  All Mac.  The Server is a Mac Mini running OSX Server.  (everything is new except the problem)