Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Upgrade from FM Pro 8 to 13?

This topic is 3518 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

In my office we are currently using FM Pro 8. I want to upgrade to FM Pro 13. Is my version too old for an upgrade? Do I need to buy the full version and just convert my existing databases to the new format?

Thanks!

Beware of buying a cheap copy.

Is my version too old for an upgrade? 

FileMaker only goes back two versions for the upgrade pricing. 

Beyond that, they sometimes have specials for FileMaker, in fact I think they still have a two for one special?

I started on FM Pro version 8. Considering the many updates have cost between $300-$400 each, having to pay the full pop for 13 is a bargain compared to following the update path between 8 and 13. Go figure!

• 1 month later...

I started on FM Pro version 8. Considering the many updates have cost between $300-$400 each, having to pay the full pop for 13 is a bargain compared to following the update path between 8 and 13. Go figure!

Ah.  But you got to use the updated versions for all the years between versions.  In truth, if you use the program, upgrading each version is the better deal. :-)

Of course, LaRetta, I'm more than glad to have followed the upgrade path and to have had the opportunity to use the versions as they came out. Also, I wasn't complaining about the upgrade prices. Just making the comparison!

This topic is 3518 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.