Grey background in layout mode

cskasler

This topic is 3526 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello,

could you help me? I wanted to undo something in layout mode using cmd+z, but i pushed something other key and i changed somehow the background to grey.

In every other mode can i see the theme perfect with the background except in layout mode.

do you have an idea, how can i change to the normal view?

Thanks very much,

Csaba

Is it the layout part itself or the right margin of the layout - In FMP you can adjust the layout width anything to the right will have a GREY cast to it. (off the layout)

other wise click on the body part or any part then use the inspector to choose the background fill color. 

Hi Csaba,  and welcome to the forum,

I don’t think we have enough information about your situation.

Is this a file that you have created from scratch for one of the example files that came with FileMaker?

Is this a theme that you created from scratch, or one that you changed using the change theme option?

Why don’t you just attach a copy of your file, or  mockup of it? If you do, remember to remove any confidential information that you might have in your file.

To attach a copy of your file, just follow these steps in this link.  ATTACHED FILE

• Newbies

Hi,

thank you for the replies. Yes i see, that i need to attach a file.

It's an empty file, it has only one layout, i had the same problem on every layout, but only in this file. If you see in browse mode, you can see the normal wave theme, and in layout mode changes to grey.

Its an own database, with the wave theme.

Thanks,

Csaba

That is absolutely the most bizarre thing I have ever seen.  Even creating new layouts inherits this odd 'layout mode' attribute.

I would love to know how you broke this.  I have tried many combinations and I can't seem to replicate it.

All I can suggest is, since this is a new empty file, start over and don't do that again!  :-)

But I would still LOVE to find out how it is broken.

Haha. I feel better. I tried everything I could think of to help Cskasler via a remote session. I cannot heck what he could've hit. I even went through the keyboard shortcuts.

Todd said maybe the file is corrupt. I did a recover but it came out pristine. :-)

I tried all the shortcuts also!  And I tried recover.  It's a brand new file obviously so I doubted that it could have been corrupt so soon but stranger things have happened!  It is very odd!

Even creating new layouts - even using new themes - nothing works that I can find!

Whatever you did, Csaba, don't EVER do it again!!  In fact, I would suggest that you send the file to FMI.  You could even attach it for their review at Report An Issue here http://forums.filemaker.com/hives/1eea103f05/summary

It sounds like they have a hole somewhere and it should be plugged!

the entire layout operations of the binary must be totally corrupt - even new tables inherit the layout behavior.

I remember a few years back had this problem with custom functions or scripts from hell that just wouldn't delete or blank custom functions that worked but you could only see part of of the function or it was blank. Devastating when it was a active solution.

Not sure the cause of this... at least this was a blank file - 

Is it at all possible this file was created not on the local desktop but perhaps on Dropbox, or something of that nature?

do you have an idea, how can i change to the normal view?

Your "Maior Grid Spacing" is setted to 1 point.

You need to change it to something like 10 or more.

Or you need to unchek the box: View >> Grid >> Show Grid

• Like 4

Seriously, I can't use the word "d.a.m.n" on this forum??? :-)

So, now that we figured out what he did, I figured out how he did it:

He's using the Hungarian keyboard and the letters "z" and "y" are swapped on the Hungarian keyboard, so then it's easy: http://cloud.zerobluetech.com/image/2W2V1w1c0x1H

Seriously, I can't use the word "d.a.m.n" on this forum??? :-)

Nope. We lost that privilege a few years back because some of the members went into the heavy duty words. Dam it.

This topic is 3526 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.