Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Runtime Solution based on Licenses

This topic is 3506 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello all,

I'm sorry if this is not the place to post my question but I've searched for a section for this topic but I couldn't familiarize it anywhere.

I was currently hired to create a solution for a company that would like to sell the solution to people/ companies, they want to have a licensing system where people will buy let's say 1 license / 10 licenses / 50 licenses / etc.

What are the steps I should take to build a system that will be secure to validate licenses bought, what is required to do this transition, what I need in order to perform this task.

For now all I know is that I should have another server hosting licenses with their own system to manage them, but I would like to hear more inputs since I'm 100% sure there are a lot of different solutions to this and better ways.

Thank you very much in advance.

Thanks for replying,

Maybe I didn't explain myself better, what I'm looking for is help or at least ideas of how I can successfully come out with the right solution.

What are the requirements in order to make this type of application work?

What recommendations could be suggested in order for me to dig into it a little bit more.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Did you look at some of the forum topics? There are a number of them that offer various possible solutions.

For example: you'll generate a code that's tied to the user's hardware. You'll have the user email the code or submit it via a web form. You send back a code that is generated by the user's code, so it's unique to each machine.

This topic is 3506 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.