Issue with window sizes when using "New Window" script step

This topic is 3450 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi there,

I'm having an issue when creating a new window.

Here is what's happening when I create a new window:

I create a new modal window  and set a custom size, say - 400 x 450

When the new window is created the original window (which was maximised before) automatically resizes to around 240 x 330 and stays that size.

When the script is completed running I simply maximize the original window and that works, but I want the background window to at least stay large when the modal window opens.

I have tried a heap of different things but can not get the original window to stay large.

I'm aware that when using FM on windows that all the windows resize - BUT they usually still stay large (not maximised)

Is there some trick to keep the original window to at least stay large so that it can be seen in the background?

• 1 month later...

Most FileMaker folks I've worked with who work with Windows a lot resolve the issue by never maximizing windows in the first place. They instead create a script that resizes a window to fill the available area based on the Get ( WindowDesktopHeight ) and Get ( WindowDesktopWidth ) functions.

• Like 1

Thanks Jeremy will look into that. The main issue though is that when I bring up a resized model window the background window, is resizing itself to a very small 240 x 330 so the whole background is blank suddenly.

Is that because I'm maximising instead of resizing to fill available area?

Just reporting back to say thank you for the tip - it totally solved the problem with the background window resizing.

I still had some smaller issues with getting the popup centred on both MAC and PC but I found some great info here:

http://www.teamdf.com/weetbicks/39/creating-tidy-popup-windows

by Daniel wood which totally solve that problem.

Between the 2 pieces of information we now have beautiful, smooth centred popups on both MAC and PC

thanks again.

This topic is 3450 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.