Better solution to PDF creation

Ultradistance2005

This topic is 3482 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have been using Filemaker solutions for over ten years for my business. One of the most important functions has been assembling a coverage quote to be sent to our clients. It is made up of several pages with static and merge field text, all overlaid on beautiful graphics. The pages are saved as PDFs, and then combined through a plug in with a second document that comes from our carrier.

My problem is this. Those saved documents used to be a little under 2 MB total. Now they are closer to 10 MB, which is unworkable.

i'm looking for a new solution to create a multi page PDF with information inserted from fields in Filemaker. I'd like to be able to run it as a script in FM, but at this point I really want to come up with a better way to get a great result. I think there has to be one, but I have not been able to find it in reviewing forums, etc.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

ScriptMaster with the iText library to create the first PDF from scratch with code and variables

not trivial - but fast, almost certainly smaller than you are experiencing and a better quality PDF inside than ones that FMP makes

john

This topic is 3482 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.